Rather than carry pages and pages of health advice directly on our site we recommend the following web sites which offer a comprehensive resource for information and advice on health issues, first aid, medicines etc..
Benfield Valley Healthcare Hub are not responsible for the content on these external web sites and you visit them entirely at your own risk.
Remember that all advice is intended solely for registered patients of the practice and that it should not be used a substitute for seeking advice from your GP. If in doubt book a consultation.
- NHS Choices - includes health information and self-help guides from the NHS.
- Patient UK - includes patient information leaflets, self-help groups and web directory.
- MedInfo - providing free and easy to understand medical information and advice.
- The Samaritans - confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair. Telephone: 08457 90 90 90
- SupportLine - confidential emotional support for children, young adults and adults.
Specific diseases and conditions
Useful Telephone Numbers
| Age Concern|| 01273 720603|
| BICS|| 01273 545445|
| Brighton General Hospital|| 01273 696011|
|Brighton & Hove City Council Access Point||01273 295555|
|Brighton & Hove City PCT||01273 295490|
|Brighton & Hove NHS Textphone|| 01273 296333|
|HIV/AIDS Clinic||01273 664722|
| Hove Polyclinic||01273 696011|
|NHS Direct||0845 46 47|
|Registrar (births, deaths and marriages)||01273 292016|
|Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital||01273 696955|
|Royal Sussex County Hospital||01273 696955|
|Sussex Eye Hospital ||01273 606126|